MS Dhoni-Wiki, Date of Birth, Biography
Born: 7 July 1981
Place of Birth: Ranchi
MS Dhoni Early Life
Dhoni belongs to a Rajput family. He is the son of Pan Singh who worked at a junior management position in MECON. Jayanti Gupta is the sister of Mahendra, and Narendra Singh Dhoni is his brother. Mahendra got married to Sakshi Dhoni in 2010. He did his schooling from DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi. He worked as a Travelling Ticket Examiner at Kharagpur railway station from 2001 to 2003.
Dhoni is known for his excellent batting and wicket-keeping. He is considered as one of the greatest players in limited-overs cricket. India won the 2011 World Cup under Dhoni’s captaincy. In this final world cup match against Sri Lanka, he scored 91 runs not out off 79 balls. M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016) is a biographical sports film based on the life of M.S. Dhoni.
When did Doni Debut to International Cricket?
Mahendra made his One Day International debut in December 2004 against Bangladesh. He played his first Test match in 2005 against Sri Lanka.
MS Dhoni IPL career
Dhoni became the most expensive player in the first season auctions of IPL as Chennai Super Kings contracted him for US$ 1.5 Million. Under his captaincy, Chennai Super Kings won two IPL titles and the 2010 Champions League Twenty20. Currently, MS Dhoni is the captain of Rising Pune Supergiants because of the two season replacement for Chennai Super Kings.
Mahender Singh Dhoni International records
- Under the captaincy of Dhoni, India topped the Test cricket rankings for the first time, in 2009.
- As a wicket-keeper, he did 248 dismissals in his career, which is the highest number of dismissals by an Indian wicket-keeper up till yet.
- Mahendra is the most successful Indian Test captain with 24 Test match wins.
- Dhoni is the first Indian wicket-keeper who has made 4000 Test runs.
- Dhoni scored 183 runs against Sri Lanka in 2005 which is the highest score by a wicket-keeper in One Day Internationals.
- India won the 2007 ICC World Twenty20 under the captaincy of Dhoni.
Dhoni has won many awards. He got the ICC ODI Player of the Year award in 2008 and 2009. He was honored with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2007 and Padma Shri in 2009.
Related articles across the web